Declare or Change Concentration (College Students)

NOTE: This process only applies to students from Harvard College.

Before you begin, please consult with your concentrations of interest on their process for capturing a Plan of Study, as the process differs by field. Please consult The 49 - A Guide to Harvard Academics and Fields of Concentration prior to submitting a formal declaration.

Navigate to Student Home. Select the My Program tab. Click the Declare Concentration button.

Step 1: Create a Declaration request.

If you are changing your concentration, you will need to click the plus sign located in the top right hand corner of the page to create a new submission. If you are declaring for the first time, you do NOT need to do this.

Step 2: Enter degree specifics.

Step 3: Click Submit.

Image of Declaration of Concentration entry page

Once submitted, advisors from your intended concentration(s) will be prompted to approve or deny your application. You will be notified once they have responded.

See also: Degree Tools